Monday, October 17, 2011

Friends' Weddings; a Conundrum

I'll be up front right now, I probably don't have enough friends to really have to worry about going to many weddings. I am okay with this. But for those that do deign to invite me to theirs, it presents a conundrum.

Obviously I'm happy for those of my friends that choose to pursue a partnership, that cannot be overstated. The issue lies with the organizations that those people would choose to officiate their marriage. I'm not sure I can endorse an organization that has such a deep rooted and fundamental hatred for myself, my girlfriend, and people like us. On one hand that's a selfish thought, but on the other, I'd feel like I was letting down the millions of LGBT individuals that are fighting so hard for equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment