Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Grading the NHL Soccer Kits: Atlantic Division

I'm going to grade the NHL's soccer kits that were recently featured on Puck Daddy and drawn by this guy.  I'll try to be nice, and fair and not do things like penalize teams I hate, or blame the designer for having to work with teams that have shitty logos or colors or both.  I'll be grading the overall design of the home and away and the use of the team's colors, not the quality of the colors themselves.  Oh yeah, and I'll be going division by division since I'm too lazy to do this all at once.  Everything is out of 5.  And I liked most of them, so they all scored pretty high.


Home Design - 5
Home Colors - 5
Away Design - 4
Away Colors - 5
Total - 19

Notes: I love the diagonal stripe on the home jersey, one of the best looking in the bunch for sure.  The away jersey is sharp, but a little bland and the Devils logo looks a little too big.


Home Design - 4
Home Colors - 5
Away Design - 4
Away Colors - 5
Total - 18

Notes: I like the Isles jerseys, but there's just something off about them to me.  I think the font on the home is a bit hard to read and I think the away needs just a bit more blue in the middle of the jersey.


Home Design - 3
Home Colors - 5
Away Design - 5
Away Colors - 5
Total - 18

Notes: I tried not to penalize the Rags for being really boring...but they're really boring.  The pinstripes are sweet, but the home jersey is entirely forgettable.


Home Design - 3
Home Colors - 5
Away Design - 5
Away Colors - 5
Total - 18

Notes: The away jersey is awesome.  I love the Halloween striping on the arms so, so much.  I do not like the rounded torso block on the home jersey though.


Home Design - 3
Home Colors - 4
Away Design - 3
Away Colors - 3
Total - 13

Notes: Where to begin?  I think the faded gold looks kind of shabby and the wavy pepsi logo effect fails pretty completely.  And those stripes?  Did we learn nothing from Montreal's old candy cane jerseys?

No comments:

Post a Comment