Monday, August 29, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge in One Day Because Fuck You

I like these 30 day challenge things because I like talking about myself...which is kind of the entire point of this blog.

1 - Your Favorite Book
This is a tough one because there are scores of good books and I try not to think in absolutes.  I rather liked Sphere by Michael Crichton a lot, as well as the Harry Potter series.

2 - Your Least Favorite Book
One I haven't read.  Who reads books they don't like?  Oh wait...high schoolers.  I thought A Tale of Two Cities royally sucked.  Fuck tenth grade.

3 - A Book That Surprised You
I'll go with a genre.  A lot of comedians' biographies and autobiographies are really boring.

4 - A Book That Reminds You of Home
No Idea

5 - A Non-Fiction Book You Enjoyed
This isn't hard since I read non-fiction all the time.  My Life in Baseball by Ty Cobb, and William Shatner's autobiography are great.

6 - A Book That Makes You Cry
I don't often cry at books which probably comes from being a writer and being steeped in tragedy so often.  Stone Fox made me cry when I was a kid.

7 - A Book That's Hard to Read
I mentioned A Tale of Two Cities?

8 - An Unpopular Book You Believe Should Be A Best Seller
All of mine.  Hey if Stephenie Meyer can do it...

9 - A Book You've Read More than Once
All the Harry Potter Novels, Sphere, Congo, and All of Mine.

10 - The First Novel You Remember Reading
Probably Goosebumps books as a kid.  Are those novels?

11 - The Book that Made You Fall in Love With Reading
That's a tough one, I don't know that there is one.  Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov, which I'm reading now, makes me fall in love with writing repeatedly.  I can see why it's considered to be one of the greatest works of all time.

12 - A book so emotionally draining you couldn't complete it, or had to set it aside for a moment.
All the books I read in school that bored me to tears.

13 - Favorite Childhood Book
Either From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg or My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George.  Both are about running away and hiding out, the former in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the latter in the Catskill mountains.  Both are enchanting.

14 - Book that should be on HS/College Required Reading Lists
Anything that's ever been banned at one point.  The Catcher in the Rye, 1984, Fahrenheit 451, and a few by Truman Capote come to mind.

15 - Favorite Book Dealing with Foriegn Culture
Do Star Trek books count?

16 - Favorite Book-Turned-Movie
While I like the Harry Potter series better, I feel the movie adaptations of The Lord of the Rings trilogy were better done.

17 - Book-Turned-Movie that was Completely Desecrated
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  Yuck.

18 - A Book You Can't Find on Shelves Anymore that You Love
All Star Trek Books.

19 - A Book that Changed Your Mind About a Particular Subject
Gene Roddenberry's biography.  What an asshat.

20 - A Book You Would Recommend to an Ignorant/Racist/Close-Minded Person
Any book I can beat them with.

21 - A Guilty Pleasure Book
Star Trek Books for sure.  Some of them aren't so well written, but they're entertaining.

22 - Favorite Series
Going with Star Trek again.

23 - Favorite Romance Novel
Skankarella, my own.

24 - A Book You Later Found Out the Author Lied About
Wtf?  How the hell would I know?

25 - Favorite Autobiographical/Biographical Book
William Shatner's Autobiography

26 - A Book You Wish Would Be Written
It was Kissing Ellen King, one of my own.  Never thought I'd start it, let alone finish.

27 - A Book You Would Write if You Had the Resources
Don't care if I have them or not, I'm writing Taro Says.

28 - A Book You Wish You'd Never Read
A Tale of Two Cities.  Fuck you Charles.

29 - An Author You Won't Read
Hellooooo Stephenie...

30 - An Author You Will Read Whatever they Put Out
William Shatner and his (Star Trek novel) ghost writers, the Reeves-Stevenses

No comments:

Post a Comment