Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: The Speed of Thought

The Speed of Thought

Genre: Sci-Fi
Length: 93 Minutes
Rating: Not Rated
Big Names: Independent Film, No One of Note
IMDB Score: 4.9 (out of 10)

Synopsis: Joshua Lazarus is a Scoper, a human being who can read thoughts, employed by the United States government.  Their unique abilities cause all Scopers to go insane by the age of twenty-nine and Lazarus just turned twenty-eight.  On one of his last missions, he meets a previously unaccounted for Scoper who is 31.

Review: I need to stop watching so many mindless shitty action movies because I don't have to actually pay attention to them.  When I get to a movie in which I do need to pay attention, I end up having to rewind, or I miss key elements.  I think the only thing that holds Indie sci-fi movies back is a potential lack of special effects quality.  TSoT had to have at least had a decent budget because the effects are superb.  This is one of the best sci-fi movies I've seen, right up there with Franklyn, and No One is Doing this.  Unfortunately due to the intricate plot, I can't really explain why.  Just watch it.



Acting: 8/10 - The female lead is a little weak in some scenes.

Quality Within Genre: 10/10 - A gem.

Entertainment Value: 9/10 - If you don't pay attention early, you'll likely be confused.  It takes a while to understand the nature of the world the writers have created.

Realism (Within the world defined by the movie): 10/10 - Very consistent.

Rewatch Value: 10/10 - I will be adding this to my collection.

Total: 9.4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment