Thursday, June 23, 2011

Review: Hot Tub Time Machine

Hot Tub Time Machine

Genre: Comedy
Length: 101 Minutes
Rating: R
Big Names: John Cusack
IMDB Score: 6.6 (out of 10)

Synopsis: Four guys go back in time to when they were in high school.  Hilarity ensues.

Review: My favorite part about the entire movie was how they glossed over the physics of traveling back in time in a hot tub.  They were like, "yeah we went back in time in a fucking hot tub, what of it?"  The movie was funny, endearing, and had a fair amount of ass.  All the things that make a good R-rated comedy.


Acting: 9/10 - Nothing spectacular.

Quality Within Genre: 8/10 - Somewhere between good and great.

Entertainment Value: 10/10 - Pretty funny.

Realism (Within the world defined by the movie): 6/10 - It's a hot tub time machine, who cares?

Rewatch Value: 7/10 - Not a bad party movie.

Total: 8.0/10

1 comment:

  1. Rob Corddry always plays characters that are over the top and extreme. In think he definitely brings that “crazy friend” aspect to the movie. I don’t know about you but I had one of those guys in my group of friends in high school. I watch a lot of movies and I use my Blockbuster service. With Blockbuster I have access to more than just movies I can also get video games and TV series at no extra cost. The same goes for Blu-ray movies there is no extra charge if you want to watch a movie in HD. If you don’t feel like waiting for one of the movies in your queue you can go to a Blockbuster store and do 5 in-store changes per month! I work for Dish Network and right now if you sign up for Dish service you can get 3 months of Blockbuster for Free! Just visit http://bit.ly/m86n4Y for more information on how you can take advantage of this great offer!

    ReplyDelete