Saturday, June 18, 2011

Review: Battle Los Angeles

Genre: Drama/Action
Length: 116 Minutes
Rating: PG-13
Big Names: Aaron Eckhart
IMDB Score: 6.0 (out of 10)

Synopsis: Aliens attack Los Angeles...oh shit.

Review: I don't usually watch this kind of mainstream crap, but I figured that a movie about blowing up aliens had to at least be decent.  I was wrong.  The plot didn't have much of a sense of direction and the emotion of the movie lingered in the same place for far too long.  It felt like the entire last ninety minutes of the movie was one really long scene.  I fell asleep while watching it and had to restart halfway through.  Just bad.

Acting: 9/10 - Good enough.

Quality Within Genre: 3/10 - Some of the alien stuff was cool to look at, but the movie itself was boring.

Entertainment Value: 0/10 - That's what happens when I fall asleep.

Realism (Within the world defined by the movie): 5/10 - The aliens seemed both brilliant, and horribly inept whenever the movie needed them to be.  I didn't penalize this more because it's kind of common in alien invasion movies.

Rewatch Value: 0/10 - I already fell asleep during it once.  I don't need to again.

Total: 3.4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment