Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Living in Dystopia

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
--- Albert Camus

I came across the above quote while stumbling around the internet just now.  The reason that it struck me is that it describes my views on sexuality perfectly.  The United States is the very definition of an unfree world when it comes to matters of sex and sexuality.  We're such a horrible backwards country that some of our citizens can't even agree that bills prohibiting bullying and harassment on the basis of sexual orientation are a good thing.  This country is so asinine, so childish, and so immature when it comes to sex that there are still people that want to lock away any knowledge and perpetuate ignorance.  Because a morally enlightened society is apparently a stupid one.


It's no secret that I've detailed my opinions, thoughts, and preferences on sex at length, so much so that there is no need to reiterate them now.  The reason that I do this is to embody the above.  The reason I ask questions, that I wonder, that I explore things considered to be deviant, fetishism, or worse is to promote that freedom.  I don't want to be around people where sex is some sort bogeyman lying in wait to prey on those that even give him an iota of attention.  That sort of thinking makes for a lack of communication, rampant ignorance, poor relationships, failed marriages, stupid children, and dead gays.


My act of rebellion is to promote sexual curiosities, to encourage inquisitiveness, to make no topic too taboo.  Because that's the only way to learn, and the more we learn about something the better we are able to handle it.  Unafraid gays, fewer dead babies, stifled STDs, more successful marriages, healthier and more informative sexual education, tolerance, acceptance.  This is my free world.

No comments:

Post a Comment