Friday, May 27, 2011

Cut Out for This

Sometimes I question whether or not I have the dedication and work ethic to be a writer.  It's no secret that I have a problem with apathy and can at times be quite lazy.

Then after talking to a friend I realized in the past year I've written almost 600 blog posts here, plus another 30 or so over at BBG (~600,000 words).  I wrote Arnett Tanner Wants to Die (80,000) and Skankarella (65,000) plus three or four short stories (~15,000), and over a dozen episodes of Freedom of Restraint (~30,000).  All in all that's around 800,000 words and it doesn't even acount for around 15,000 forum posts, plus a half dozen edits/rewrites of Tanner, 3-4 rewrites of Skankarella, and what was basically penning an entire new draft to Cube Wars.

What that comes down to is at least 2,000 words per day without even counting the forum posts and edits.  That's more than most pros put out.

Now someone just needs to pay me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment