Monday, February 7, 2011

Christina Aguilera and the National Anthem of DOOOOOOMMMM!!!


I didn't see it when it happened, so I had no idea how bad her mistake was until about a minute before writing this.  My whole thought was (and is) "that's kind of funny, it sucks to be her, let's move on."  In the past I've been annoyed at pop singers butchering or making the National Anthem "their own," but lately I've become pretty apathetic.  It's a two minute song, it sounds alright when some people (Doug Allen) sing it, and no one should care much about any one particular performance after it's over.  Certainly not this much.

2 comments:

  1. Why do Jerry Sullivan and Bucky Gleason still write for the Buffalo News? Anyone? Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said on the Junkie. It's the National Anthem. Get the freaking words right.

    That song means a lot to a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete