Sunday, December 26, 2010

Starting a New Writing Project Continued

After thinking about things for a few hours, the idea has started to take on a little more of a shape in my head.  Upon speaking to my friend, The Mermaid, I realized that the characters of fantasy realms tend to fall into one of two categories.  You have the realm which involves primarily different races Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, Kobold, Goblins, Humans and so on, and you have the realm which involves promarily afflicted humans, Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, Incubi, Succubi, and so on there as well.  Occasionally things overlap, but for the most part they stay relatively separate.

I'm pretty sure that my world will encompass the latter.  All I've really done so far is jotted down a few races/creatures, Vampires, Lycans, Humans, Incubi/Succubi, Dark Elves, Elemental Nymphs, and Shapeshifters.  I like this cast better because it's darker, I think it lends itself better to an erotic story and because they all look relatively human most of the time.  No offense, but I don't feel particularly eager to write about orc sex.

I'm fairly certain there will be several "main" characters so to speak.  Perhaps they will interact, perhaps they will not.  I think one of which is a character I outlined for a novel I still hadn't devised a plot for, a Succubus.  I had thought that she might be a lesbian, but I think for the sake of fun, she's going to be bisexual.

Still not sure what the setting is going to be like, past, present, or future.  They're all alluring in some way.  Writing a hidden world that lies beneath ours is always fun, but I'm not sure it's right for the kind of story I have in mind.  The biggest draw to writing things in the past is that there are less rules to follow, and thus fewer inconsistencies and problems that tend to crop up.  While useful, cell phones and the internet solve a great many problems far too easily.

1 comment:

  1. I read 'orcs having sex' and I immediately heard grunting in my head. Oy.

    ReplyDelete