Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dis-xar-works

I'll probably earn some ire for this one, but I've never cared about that before so I'm not going to start now.  I have absolutely no desire to see an animated film ever.  Movies like Shrek, and Up, and Despicable Me have no interest for me.  I think that most of the time I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get; a passably amusing story, some PG-rated innuendo, lots of physical comedy, and a few tear-jerking moments.  They're just boring to me.

I don't think they're very intelligent, and I don't think they have a lot of value as movies.  I know I'll have disagreements there, but when there are a half-dozen that come out each year and 4-5 of those are billed as "good" movies I think the perceived quality of each gets a little diluted.  When those movies come out, I just see similar characters and storylines in a slightly different package and they hold no interest for me.

2 comments:

  1. So you feel the same way about old animated movies? I feel this way about recent ones, the plots are just awful. I don't see how anyone could get into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in the old movies, the evil queen/stepmother theme comes up a lot, as does the prince.

    ReplyDelete