Monday, November 22, 2010

Cube Wars Publishing Update

Ran through the entire process on lulu.com just to be familiar with it and everything seemed to go pretty smoothly.  It looks like formatting might not be that much of an issue.

What will be an issue, is the cost.  Right now if I go to a size 10 font for everything, the minimum price will be around $19.  I think I can play around with the spacing and knock that down quite a bit, we'll see.  I'd like to get it down into the $10 range if possible and still be able to make a profit on it.  (Roughly $4 per copy through lulu, $1 per copy through another retailer such as Amazon.)

I plan to finish the final edits tomorrow and from there it's just a matter of fiddling with everything so that it looks good without being too expensive.

2 comments:

  1. $19 to change the font to a smaller size? That sounds a bit crazy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the book would cost $19 to anyone that would want to purchase it. But I am stupid and forgot I have it double spaced on word. If I move to 1.15 or 1.5 spacing, that will cut down on the cost significantly and probably drop the purchase cost to around $14 or so.

    ReplyDelete