Sunday, November 14, 2010

Birthday Trip, Sabres - Capitals 11-13-10

I apologize for not posting as often lately.  I had to travel Wednesday (to Buffalo), Thursday (from Buffalo), Friday (to and from Clarkson) and Saturday (to and from Buffalo) this week so I have either been tired or on the road.

This also isn't a serious recap of the game by the way, because I don't do either of those two words.

My sister's friend Katie is home with her this weekend so that Katie, Stephanie, my dad and myself could go to the Sabres Capitals game.  We decided to head out early so Katie and Steph could do some shopping (because The Galleria >>> Carousel Center).

After about two hours worth, we piled back in the fan and headed to the Arena.  Traffic compressed things a bit so we found ourselves rushing through hasty face-paints and running from place to place.

Me - Sister - Katie

First stop was the Sabres store because I wanted to buy myself a new white jersey.  I chose the whites because they are gorgeous (that's probably going to end up on some KKK search engine somewhere), and I chose Thomas Vanek because fuck you haters.  Plus it is a known fact that when I buy a player's jersey, they proceed to do awesome things like light the world on fire and kick the shit out of George Laraque.

I got 99 problems, but not having a pimp-ass jersey ain't one

One of my favorite moments of the night came when I was walking up the aisle and some douchebag in an Ovechkin jersey decided to offer commentary on my face paint.  "There's mustard on your face!" he yelled.  As I walked past him and noticed the nameplate, I returned, "There's eurotrash on your jersey."  He looked back at me but had nothing to say.  I feel the fact that I was wearing the afore photographed Thomas Vanek (Austria) jersey at the time made my comment eleven times more awesome.  (Hey I like European players...just not trash ones.)

Thomas Vanek scored the go-ahead goal late in the second and I was happy that my purchase had its desired effect.  And then this happened:



Which led to this:


And it was the best birthday ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment