Sunday, October 24, 2010

Vulgar Statistics: NHL Power Rankings

Look, I understand that Power Rankings are essentially meaningless.  The teams are arranged on a whim by “professional” analyst who can’t possibly have an informed opinion on more than three or four teams.  That’s why, two years ago, I sought to create a Power Rankings system that at least means something.  Not surprisingly, this system is based on statistics.  Now this means it does have to be taken with a grain of salt, but at least when someone asks me why a team is in a certain slot, I have a better answer than “that’s just how I felt.”

Read More at BBG

2 comments:

  1. *comment based off item mentioned in linked article*

    If ESPN does hire you, can you do podcasts and have me on as one of your weekly guests?!?

    ReplyDelete