Sunday, October 24, 2010

Taylor - Kanye, Retroactive Comments

I tend to be about a year behind on most pop culture occurrences that don't involve either hockey, or some internet meme.  I knew what happened with Kanye West and Taylor Swift at the VMAs, but I hadn't yet seen the videos that were supposedly "obviously" superior to Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me."  I'm going to watch them now.

The two songs that come up that should have beaten Taylor were Beyonce's "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)," and Lady Gaga's "Poker Face."


I'll address the Beyonce video first since Kanye was so adamant about it.  The video bored the CRAP out of me.  Which is good because I hadn't yet gone number two today.  As Darrel Hammond's Sean Connery would say to Kanye, "Boy you might be legally retartded."  Honestly, watching Beyonce gyrate her hips for four minutes made me kind of nauseous.


Ah Lady Gaga, you weird creepy "woman."  Lady Gaga can be visually stunning.  Watch Alejandro, or Bad Romance, they are truly joys to watch.  And while I want to detract from this video because Lady Gaga took that mask off of her ga-ga-ga-ga-god-aw-ful-face, she doesn't actually look hideous in this video.

But it's still boring.  I don't need to see Lady Gaga dance around in a turquoise rejected American Gladiators outfit.  I just don't.


Taylor made a video that may lack some originality, but manages to be cute and endearing as she pines for a post-pubescent Justin Bieber.  The right video won.

No comments:

Post a Comment