Friday, July 2, 2010

My Top Ten Songs According to iTunes Plays

1). How Soon is Now - t.A.T.u. (2003)
Album - 200 Km/h in the Wrong Lane
31 Plays

I first heard this song my freshman year of college when I was just understanding who t.A.T.u. was and I was instantly hooked.  If you're not retarded, you can see where I get my screenname from.




2). Slide - The Goo Goo Dolls (1998)
Album - Dizzy Up the Girl
30 Plays

Come on, it's The Goo Goo Dolls, need I really say more?


How about we don't disable embedding?

3). Fair - Remy Zero (1998)
Album - Villa Elaine
24 Plays

Definitely first heard this in the movie Garden State.  I can't even describe what this song inspires.  Equal parts depression and elation.  It's uplifting, and yet dangerous...in an anxious kind of way.



4). Poetry and Aeroplanes - Teitur (2003)
Album - Poetry and Aeroplanes
22 Plays

My friend Casie introduced me to this song in high school, or shortly after.  Probably because it reminded her of my approach to love and relationships and my constant state of searching.  This song has no official video.




5). All About Us - t.A.T.u. (2005)
Album - Dangerous and Moving
20 Plays

I had this album on pre-order for at least three months before the actual CD came out.  I literally listened to this song nonstop online up until I had that CD.  Remembering the relationship I was in at the time, and the external factors that ultimately doomed it, this song still resonates strongly within me.




6). Running Blind - t.A.T.u. (2008)
Album - Happy Smiles
20 Plays

As t.A.T.u. has done so well over the years I've loved them, they perfectly convey a feeling I've had my entire life.




7). Where the Blacktop Ends - Keith Urban (1999)
Album - Keith Urban
16 Plays

Just a fun song really.



8). Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond (1969)
Album - Sweet Caroline
16 Plays

When victory is imminent, the Sabres play Sweet Caroline in HSBC Arena and 18,690 people sing along.  If there is a sound that makes me feel more at peace, I cannot think of it.




9). Bulletproof - The Goo Goo Dolls (1998)
Album - Dizzy Up the Girl
14 Plays

What are we? (Whatcha wanna be)

Again with the lack of embedding.

10). Fly on the Wall - t.A.T.u. (2008)
Album - Happy Smiles
14 Plays

Like most of t.A.T.u.'s songs, there's a certain feeling of danger in listening to Fly on the Wall.  I don't know what it is for me, but there's something so exciting, so honest and so raw in their music.

1 comment:

  1. You need at least one gangsta... or at least semi-gangsta song on your list.

    ReplyDelete