Saturday, June 26, 2010

24% of Americans are in Favor of Rape

Earlier today I posted this article to my facebook wall, and to the walls of everyone on my friends list that identified themselves as Catholic.  (For the sensitive, I have found a different source that does not contain the word fuck in the title.  Although if you're reading this blog, you've seen it enough already anyways).

The article is basically a teaser for a "Dan Rather Reports" special to air Tuesday June 29th at 11:00 PM on instances where Catholic churches have been found to be falsely declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying damages to victims that were abused by priests, sometimes at the behest of high ranking church officials.

This isn't really a huge deal to me.  I already thought the Catholic Church was pretty disgusting and basically an evil and immoral organization that isn't held to the same standards of society (strike me down IMitS!).  I mean the church is basically paying Priests to molest little boys and fuck their mothers.


I remember a few years ago when it was all the rage to boycott certain gas stations because the money that goes to pay for the oil can ultimately be traced back to terrorists.  Which made me think, if you're a god-fearing, church-going Catholic, aren't you basically funding rapists and child molesters?  I mean maybe your Priest is a good little uncastrated eunuch, but a percentage of tithing money makes its way up the ranks all the way to the top.  Some percentage of that money could be used to pay the annuity for the Priest mentioned in the article above, or others like him.

Seriously, the Catholic Church seems perfectly intent to play by its own rules, and no one seems to want to make them do otherwise.  The only way to get justice is to bring the Abuse issue into the limelight and for its members to GROW A MOTHER FUCKING SOUL and stop giving money to an organization that commits these atrocities.  Seriously Catholics, ball's in your court.

1 comment:

  1. the Church is not the sum of all the people in it who screw up. The Church is not a hotel for saints, it is a hospital for sinners. Problem is, sometimes the 'doctors' get sick too.

    ReplyDelete