Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thoughts on Those Passed

To be blunt, death is difficult.  There is nothing harder than the knowledge that something, or someone is gone from your life, or anyone else's forever.

I remember when my friend Keith died.  We had played baseball together as kids, but I probably hadn't seen or talked to him in a few years and we were never that close.  Still, when I went to the wake, I was a complete mess.  I was probably the worst person there, and it got so bad that at one point, his father put his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.  To this day I don't understand how that's even possible.

I still remember that night, I had a dream that I played baseball with Keith one more time.  I will never forget that.  And I think that's key when someone dies.  The biggest service you can pay them and their family is to always remember.  Always remember.

Kieth, and Bre, and Danielle, and Bobby, and Victoria, and countless others may be gone, but they will survive in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment