Monday, February 15, 2010

Somewhat Smaller, Less Evil, Future Ideas Update

So in addition to the afore mentioned Vampire Story which I have outlined in the appropriately titled tab on my website (or here if you're reading this from my site), I have several other projects rolling around my head.


Cube Wars:  Cube Wars is actually completely written, but needs editing and has some consistency issues.  The gist of the plot is that there are conflicting work groups for an Architectural firm.  Rather than work hard on their projects to get ahead, they wage war against each other with office supplies, using their cubicles as forts.  It is written in diary format, like a whacked out version of Anne Frank.  It is meant to be funny, but carries a lot of action and some poingnancy.



Dystopian Future Story:  As data storage capabilities grow, I don't think it is out of the question to assume that one day we will be able to literally download ourselves into a new vessel when our body is ready to give out.  The story will follow Arnet Tanner, who has seen several hundred years in various forms and now wishes to die.  However, a government that places extreme value on human life has gone to great lengths to ensure that no one else will ever have to deal with the pain that death brings.

I haven't worked out the details of the future world, or even the plot itself yet.  I am waiting until I finish Vampire Story, and possible Cube Wars before I begin outlining the story.  I'm not even sure if the afore mentioned plot is even what will end up sticking in the end.



Generational Love Story: I am enamored with both the idea of reincarnation and the concept of soulmates, two people inextricably linked through time.  This story will follow two such people through several eras past, present, and future as they find themselves again and again.  It should be interesting, but it will largely be a collection of short stories with vastly different themes, settings and extra characters with the main characters remaining the same.


As you can see, I really blow at coming up with titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment